Fire Risk Assessment Legislation
Fire Risk Assessments
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, applies to the following:
• persons who are responsible for business premises
• the employer or self-employed with a business premises
• persons responsible for a part of a dwelling where that part is solely used for business purposes
• a charity or voluntary organisation
• a contractor with a degree of control over any premises
• providing accommodation for paying guests
The duty to undertake a Risk Assessment and implement a Fire Management Plan
For any food business to be confident that its product is safe it is essential that they obtain their ingredients from reputable suppliers with at least the same standards as their own.
We can visit and undertake detailed audits of your suppliers for verification of your procedures.
By having a Fire Risk Assessment you are:
- Satisfying your Insurers
- Satisfy the Fire Authority who enforce the The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- Ensuring the safety of people who visit or occupy you business
- Providing yourself with an Action Plan so that you can focus first on important fire safety issues.
- We also provide coaching and support documentation to help you with the important checks you need to have in place.
What we Provide:
- A full written report showing which will identify the risks, the level of risks, expose hazards and will guide you on on how to manage these risks and ensure the safety of the people in your building.
- You will get an Action Plan guiding you on what to focus on first so you can easily see how to prioritise any necessary work.
- You can have the option to have a schematic drawing of you business to form part of your management plan.
- We can also provide you with systems, policies and procedures to demonstrate to yourself, your staff and the enforcing authority that all fire safety matters are being suitable controlled.
- We can put you in touch with responsible Competent Electrical and Fire Engineers so that you are guaranteed satisfactory work completed at a cost friendly price.
Fire Safety Training:
The Level 1 Award in Fire Safety Awareness:
This a qualification aimed at all staff, particularly new starters in any workplace, where a basic understanding of fire safety is required. Learners gaining this qualification will know that fire safety is the responsibility of everyone in the workplace with recognition of the contribution they may have to prevent the starting and spread of fires
The Level 2 Award in Fire Safety:
This a qualification aimed at anyone involved in the management of fire safety in any workplace. This includes managers, supervisors, team leaders, fire wardens (marshals) and staff working in any area where there is a potential risk of fire. Learners gaining this qualification will know that fire safety is the responsibility of everyone in the workplace and will recognise the consequences of a fire in any premises.